Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

You Know You'll Never Wear It Down There

Here's a picture of three items of clothing that are not coming with us. It took me a while to admit that they will never be worn again by me. The bright blue dress is what I wore to my niece's wedding - it has a fabulous embroidered jacket that I might, just might, take with me. The jacket could be worn with a cami and straight legged black pants. It looks sort of tropical.

The red sequined dress was bought to wear to a New Year's Eve party many years ago. I just love the way it shimmers. I also have a pair of silver sequined shoes to go with it. The whole outfit is outrageous.

And the navy suit - my husband gave it to me for Christmas one year. It is beautifully made and tailored. It even has a gold chain stitched around the hem of the jacket to help it hang straight. I wore it and wore it and wore it - timeless. That's the suit I was wearing in Reno one year when I won a whack of moola on a slot machine that gave me a Royal Flush.



3 comments:

SJKSKI said...

What size is that sequin dress? I can't resist sequins! I guess it's ok for you to give away the dress you wore to my wedding in 2002 lol.

The Two W's .... said...

Someone will enjoy these ... nice memories especially about the $$$

Diana Miskell said...

SJK: The dress says "medium", it's pure silk. Also has a belt in the same material. Shall I wrap it for you? Do you want the shoes, size 8B? Glad you are ok re: the blue dress! It too is silk, found it at Talbots in Ottawa. Nana made me buy it - I really just wanted a light summer frock but none were to be had that year. I left it to the last minute - never really was happy with it except for the jacket....was it really 2002? where's the time gone.

Two W's: Yes, the memories are nice - but the photos are easier to carry around, especially scanned and on the computer!