Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Tamarindo - Day 2

After a very restful night’s sleep, we had breakfast in the hotel bar/restaurant - Monkey La-La. You have to love that name. Breakfast is served from 0700 to 1000 which suits early risers like ourselves. There was a sort of small buffet set up, with cereals, fruit, teas and coffee, bread for toasting, jugs of orange and tamarindo juices. So I thought this was the menu that was included in our room rate. I got myself coffee, tamarindo juice, corn flakes and a banana. As I was eating this, the server came around with a menu of about six different choices. I ordered the European breakfast - two soft boiled eggs, two slices of ham, a slice of cheese and a big bowl of fresh fruit. Lance ordered the traditional Costa Rican breakfast - gallo pinto, fruit, cheese and scrambled eggs.

If you aren’t staying at the hotel, or have chosen not to have breakfast included with your room, this meal is a bargain at $8 USD. Anyone can eat here.


My breakfast, plus I had the cornflakes and banana, and coffee and juice:

Lance’s choice:

Monkey La-La, the bar and restaurant. Magpie jays were stealing food from the vacated tables but I wasn’t able to get a decent photo of them. Cheeky fellows.

This price is US dollars. I suppose it is in line with what tourist places charge.

Well, of course I had to have a hammock and I spent some time in it today reading:

The pool this morning, before it had been cleaned. The winds have been very strong so leaves are everywhere. I had a swim yesterday.

Miscellaneous photos:



We walked around town this morning before it got too hot. Lots of nifty shops and I bought a pair of shorts. Many restaurants - lots of different cuisines. I like the vibrant atmosphere here - tourists and surfers - just what you would expect to see. What has surprised me is that I hear English in the shops and here in the hotel. Prices quoted are in USD. I have to ask for the price in colones because that is what we carry.

For dinner tonight, we are going to the Bamboo Sushi Club, a short walk away. Finally, good Japanese food! I’ll post pictures later tomorrow! Haha, food photos.

We’re being picked up for the Mangrove Safari tomorrow around 0730 so I’ll have a lot more photos.

No comments: