Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2013

First Day of Rain, 2013, Atenas, Costa Rica

April 1, 2013 - April Fool's Day - but the weather wasn't fooling me. Around about noon today, I looked out a window and said to Lance, "It's going to rain" and Lance said, "Yeah, right". And I said "Okay, let's bet on it - if it rains, you owe me a dollar". Whether that was a Canadian dollar, a U.S. dollar or a 500 colone coin was never discussed. He ended up giving me 500 colones. The reason I was excited about rain is because we have had hardly a drop since November, 2012 - absolutely normal for the dry season (aka "summer"). The fields are brown and trees and plants are dusty.

After living 30 plus years in the Pacific Northwest, I know when rain is coming. It's like the Captain of a ship saying, "It's going to blow, boys". Well, the thunder started about half an hour before the rain did. Genny the cat took to her Thunder Closet and we unplugged our computers. The electric power kept going on, off, on, off, on. And it really did rain! Here is my video to prove that it did.

 

 

1 comment:

Diana Miskell said...

You can see how brown our grass is .. no rain for six months.