Search This Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2024

I’m Back in the Hammock Again

Click on images to enlarge.

When I injured my left knee well over a year ago, I was unable to use my hammock. I could get into it but not out because I could not put much weight on that leg.

So my beloved hammock has swung back and force with the breezes all this time, empty and ignored.

I decided the other day that I could safely exit it if I was careful. It needed a good scrubbing. Out came the cleaning tools:


It was a nice sunny day so I put it down on the grass, hosed it down and started scrubbing. Here it is before the wash:


Then I hung it over a railing in the sun to dry for a couple of days. Here it is back where it belongs:


One of my favourite things to do is get into this hammock with a book or a crossword puzzle and just relax. Which is exactly what I did today. The stand was made for me by a fantastic iron worker who lives in Atenas.

There are men who walk around the towns carrying and selling these hammocks, as well as floor mats. Really good value.

Off topic, I recently made a video of some early morning clouds with lightning flashing through them. This was from our house around 0500 or so.



No comments: