Search This Blog

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Why Did the Knee Need a Vacation? Part 2

To carry on:

Besides the anti-inflammatory injections and the painkiller prescriptions, Dr. Baltodano also wrote prescriptions for x-rays and an ultrasound.

For these, I went to Clinica Medica Eidita in Grecia. Cost of the x-rays: 39,600 CRC (about 73.00  USD). Cost of the ultrasound: 30,000 CRC (about 55.00 USD).





In Costa Rica, patients are sent home with their x-rays/ultrasounds and we then take them to our doctor appointments. They remain in our possession. This works out well if you need to go for physiotherapy, for example - any therapist can see the test results.

The final diagnosis was medial collateral ligament injury of the left knee. Dr. Baltodano referred me for physical therapy. 

I’ve been going to Physio Terapia FĂ­sica in Grecia once a week. Cost of each visit: 13,000 CRC (about 24.00 USD). Each visit lasts about an hour. This is a very modern clinic and they have another one in San Ramon. I don’t know how many visits I will ultimately need.

When I went in to make a first appointment, they were able to see me right then and I had ultrasound and electro therapy. The second appointment was the same, but the electro therapy was stronger.

The electro therapy being applied.


Electro therapy machine and other gadgets.

Click on images to enlarge. 

No comments: