Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Luna Goes Home

This is Luna:

Photo reference: Jorge Alejandro Calderon Solis

Luna was the beloved pet of our Atenas friends, Jorge and Fabiola. We were invited to their wedding in Atenas on November 30, 2013 and you can read about it here.

Jorge recently approached me asking if I could do a memorial portrait of Luna and of course I said yes. His photo reference was excellent, very sharp and clear. This is really important when doing animal portraits in order to capture the essence of the animal.

Here is my painting:

© 2023 Diana F. Miskell

This was done with acrylic paint on wrapped canvas, 14”x18”. I’m not a fan of busy backgrounds because they take away from the subject matter in my opinion. Here I have included a plain background with colours that tie in with the colours of Luna’s fur.

Today we met Jorge and Fabiola at Kay’s Cafe Pequeña Polonia in Atenas to deliver the painting to them. I think they were very happy. Luna was very important to them and we all know how hard it is when we lose our pets.


And they brought us a gift:


… with this lovely card attached:

“Thank you Diana and Lance for such a beautiful detail.”

This is why I enjoy painting so much.

Click on images to enlarge.

2 comments:

Arlyn said...

I see why they are so pleased--it is a beautiful painting.

Diana Miskell said...

Thank you, Arlyn!