Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2022

Romeo Gallegos - Potter

Yesterday, we were fortunate to meet Romeo Gallegos, a potter from the town of San Juan de Oriente (aka the town of potters), Nicaragua. 

He and his wife create really lovely vases and other pottery items. The designs are beautifully done. Things are difficult in Nicaragua these days. To earn money for his family, he comes to Costa Rica and sells his wares for very reasonable prices.

He posted his available work on Facebook and I ordered a vase. Lots of other people were claiming the pieces they wanted. He travels around to Atenas, Grecia and San Ramon and I think he will take himself to wherever somebody wants his pottery.

We met him in Grecia and he saw me, pointed and said “Diana”! I pointed at him and said “Romeo”! He knows me from Facebook and also that I too do art - the caballos (horses) and vacas (cows) as he said.

He showed me a matching piece to my vase so I bought that also. I so admire how hard working this man is.



Click on images to enlarge.

No comments: