Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2020

How To Get Things Done in Costa Rica

When we cleared out our storage locker in Delta, British Columbia, Canada a few years ago we had to return to Costa Rica with all my paintings and painting supplies. Paintings had to be removed from their stretchers so they could be rolled into mailing tubes and brought on board airplanes.

Unfortunately, I had to leave the wooden stretchers behind. Flash forward to the present - what business in Grecia can re-stretch paintings?  I posed the question in my Facebook Grecia group and soon enough had a recommendation.


This company has been in business for ages. A friend of mine whose daughter is an artist had all her paintings framed here. She drove from Atenas to Grecia just to use this business. They are fast and reasonably priced. They have stretched four of my paintings so far.

Facebook groups can be really useful resources for expats. I belong to quite a few - different towns, cooking, gardening, orchids, restaurant reviews, art, bus routes, activities/festivals and right now a lot of info is being shared regarding the coronavirus. This is how we found our fantastic mechanic and other needed services. There’s always somebody who can help. I strongly suggest joining Facebook groups if you are an expat.

Here are the paintings Marcos en Molduras stretched for me. You can see all my artwork here. All these images were from photographs taken either by me or my husband Lance.










No comments: