Search This Blog

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Expatriate Archive Centre

Recently, the Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) in The Hague, Netherlands, invited me to join their Blog Archiving Project. They believed my Costa Rican blog would be an important resource for researchers and academics and, therefore, a valuable addition to their archives.

Needless to say, I was very flattered that they found my blog and asked if I would agree to be a part of their project and of course I said yes.

The Expatriate Archive Centre is a home for expat life stories. They collect and preserve life stories of expatriates worldwide for future research. Although they are located in The Hague, their outreach is worldwide. Their collection includes documents about lives of people far away from home. They have over 130 family archives dating back to the late 19th century.

You can find more information on their Blog Archiving Project on their website here: https://xpatarchive.com/initiatives/eac-blog-archive/. It is quite interesting reading about this project.

So there you have it - I write my little stories about our life here in Costa Rica and now they will be archived! Quite amazing.






1 comment:

Diana Miskell said...

Thank you so much, Lynda! Yes, I well remember your marathon blog reading! Lance kept saying “someone from Arizona has been reading your blog nonstop”. You’ll be back eventually.