Search This Blog

Friday, October 11, 2019

A Whacko Day

What a whacko day. We have a rental car because our car would not start (figured it was the starter motor or battery) and we didn’t know when Carlos our mechanic could attend to it. I needed a car as I had lots of errands to run. We use Adobe car rental in Grecia, using a taxi to get there. 

To call a taxi, I walk down and up the road to the front gates of our complex. I could ask for the taxi driver to come right to our house but that involves trying to explain to the dispatcher, in Spanish, that the driver should call my cell when he gets to the gates, and explaining that I will open a gate for him. Since I do just fine asking in Spanish for a taxi, giving my complete address, name and phone number - I leave it at that and get a bit of exercise.

Sometimes that doesn’t work though so one of the guards will talk to the dispatcher for me.

Carlos was supposed to be at our house today at 0830 but he was late, due to a longer then expected job on another car. He arrived at 1130 and determined the problem was our old battery. He jump started it and took it to his shop, leaving his car at our place.

Off we went to go to the ATM, picked up my meds at Caja (our medical system here), and paid the ICE bill (electric). Dropped Lance off at Carlo’s shop and I drove to Compre Bien (grocery store) because we are having lunch guests tomorrow and I needed supplies. Lance phoned me, our car was ready to go so he drove it home. He didn’t have a house key with him.

I finished my shopping and drove home thru a tropical deluge, up and down the twisty roads, thru the sugar cane fields. Poor Lance locked outside! And what’s the first thing I noticed when I got into the house? My laundry hanging outside on the line - soaking wet. I’m just leaving it there until tomorrow because it’s still raining. I’ll put it in the dryer then.

Carlos and his helper arrived at our house - he forgot his car keys. Off they went to his shop, then back here to get his car.

Managed to prepare two of the items we’re having for lunch tomorrow.

I picked up mini frozen pizzas at the store - so that’s dinner. And I’m having a drink.

No comments: