Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

A New Friend and Prawns

Today we met up with a friend new to Costa Rica - and she wins the Diana Miskell Special Award for reading my entire blog in one sitting. She read my entire blog dating from well before 2011 until now, 2018, in one go! In one night!

This marathon reader contacted us to say she was visiting Costa Rica for six months and would like to meet up with us. She was staying in Grecia, not far from us. So we picked her up this morning and had breakfast in Grecia. Then we went to the central market, which is huge. I had heard of a good place to buy seafood here ... the recommendation called it the Swordfish Guy, because he does sell swordfish and also speaks English.

We accidently found this place ... just by walking around. And when we were asked what we wanted in English, I figured that we were at the right place and we were. I bought a kilo of large prawns, really fresh.

I’m cooking them tonight with rice on the side. Here is the recipe I am following.

2 comments:

Lynda Rice said...

I am that crazy friend! I moved to Costa Rica 12 days ago, and I'm STILL reading this blog. Good information is always helpful no matter where you are :-). Thank you for the lovely Costa Rican breakfast, Diana and Lance. ---Lynda

Diana Miskell said...

You are very welcome! We enjoyed ourselves also. One thing I never do on a blog is identify someone without their permission - that’s why I just said “new friend”!