Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2013

Fresh To Our Gate

A few minutes ago, I heard "beep, beep" at our gate. It was a fellow on a motorbike with a bin on the back. He was selling lettuce and fresh cilantro. He said it was organic. No way of really knowing but doesn't matter to me anyway.

The cilantro, two big bunches, have roots so I've put them in water until I can figure out what to do with them. Perhaps I can freeze or dry the leaves or even try potting the stalks.

I had lettuce on my grocery list so that is one item I can cross off. Saturday, the fish man will be by and I can get sea bass and prawns - small, medium or really large. I like this way of shopping!

Addendum: I neglected to include the price. It was 1,200 colones, or about $2.40 CAD. I don't know what this would cost in different parts of Canada. We like supporting local businesses and having food items delivered to our gate is a huge plus to us.

 

1 comment:

Photolera Claudinha said...

Nothing better than shopping at your door step! These greens look very nice & fresh. When I was a child, we got fresh rolls delivered to the door before six every morning, still warm. And milk in glass bottles with an inch of cream on top. Yummy!!