Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

2011 - The Year of Our Big Adventure. This time next year, we will actually be in Costa Rica. It is amazing to sit here tonight, on December 31, 2010, in Cloverdale, B.C., and imagine typing similar words a year from now - only in a completely different country.

I went to the local storage company today and bought some foam wrap because I am going to start wrapping up the dishes, silverware, etc., that we are taking with us. Before I wrap them, I'll be taking photos for insurance and shipping purposes. I'm only bringing the good and/or old family things. The every day dishes, cutlery, pots and pans will be going to the charity stores.

This week, I dropped off another pile of good, useable things at Talize,  www.talize.com/. I love looking through their vintage section as I'm always on the hunt for genuine Hawaiian clothing and they often have some. People on the west coast go to Hawaii, buy the tropical clothes, come back to the coast and realize it's not suitable for our climate. But it's suitable for someone like me moving to Costa Rica!

So, on this last night of 2010, I want to wish everyone who reads this blog a very happy and prosperous 2011 and don't lose sight of your dreams - whatever you want to do, you can.  

No comments: