Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Garage Sale

The Weather Gods shone down upon us yesterday (Saturday, September 25) and we went ahead and held our first ever garage sale. At this time of year in the Pacific Northwest, you don't want to plan too far ahead for sunny weekends as, likely as not, it will be pouring rain. It was a perfect day - sunny and warm.

I'm pretty sure I'll never hold another garage sale - it's a lot of work. On the other hand, quite a few things went away with new owners and we made a few bucks. The main goal for me was to get rid of our things without abusing our local landfill - I'm a big fan of reuse and recycle - and, of course, lighten our load on the road to Costa Rica. The things that are left I will be hauling to the different charity outlets over the next few weeks. When you see your stuff laid out like that, it hits home just how many things have been accumulated and so much of it we hardly use. I cannot remember the last time I made lasagne and, yet, I have a big lasagne pan.

Enjoy the photos - I hope I can post them in an orderly manner. Actually, I hope I can just post them.



Where is everyone?



Desperate times

Like anyone will take this away willingly.


Me and my moola


No comments: