Search This Blog

Saturday, June 15, 2024

The Case of the Mangled Bread Slices

Click on images to enlarge.

Ladies and gentlemen: the story you are about to read is true. No names have been changed to protect the innocent because we do not have a name, just a culprit.

Yesterday morning, as per my usual routine, I arose early and went to the kitchen to put the coffee pot on.

And this is what greeted me:


The package of bread had been opened and two slices taken out. Both slices had pieces missing. Neither I nor my assistant detective had a clue (ha!) as to how this could have occurred.

It had to be an animal that had somehow gained entry to our house during the night. I started my  investigation. All windows had been shut and I thought all the doors were closed. There are five entryways into our house.

My next move was to check the garage. There are two entry/exit points here. One was closed. One was open (I forgot to shut it the day before).

And ……. there was a little face staring at me from the back of the garage. It was the face of this suspect:


The neighbour’s Siamese cat! He has started to come around and visit us. I guess he felt the need for a late night snack and he came in through the open door. How he opened the bread bag and removed two pieces will remain a mystery. Our suspect wasn’t talking.

Case closed.

No comments: