Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2024

Coconuts

Click on images to enlarge.

Every Thursday, a nice fellow drives up to our gate with my weekly delivery of five cocos - all ready to have a hole poked in one end and a straw inserted.

Here is this week’s delivery:


To locate where to punch a hole (I use a screwdriver), select the end that has three whitish coloured marks:


One of them will allow your screwdriver to go through to the water. It would be better to punch two holes but I’ve never been able to get the screwdriver through the other two marks. There are gadgets that will do this - I should look for one.

Here is what Healthline has to say about the benefits of coco water. Sometimes I break the shell completely open and scrape out the coco meat and make coconut milk with it. 

We are starting to eat our own mangos now. Picked three today and they will ripen in time inside the house. We also have these fruit trees: avocado, lime and a type of sour orange.


No comments: