Search This Blog

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Lunch - Northern Roots Bar & Restaurante

(Click on images to enlarge).

When I discovered that Northern Roots offered a mussel dish on their menu, we had to return once more for lunch which we did today. You can read about our first lunch at this restaurant HERE.

I love seafood and especially shellfish. On their menu, my choice is listed as mejillones con chorizo - mussels with chorizo sausage. Lance ordered shrimp with rice, which came with fries and a salad.

We started with a glass each of sangria:


Here is my mussel dish:


The toasted bread was perfect for dipping in the flavourful broth. In the centre of the plate are the chorizo, roasted tomatoes and onions with fresh dill on top. This is my new favourite and I will be ordering it again …. and again.

For dessert, we shared a crème brûlée. It’s so rich and yummy that one portion for two is plenty.

Cost for lunch for two: 23,650 CRC (approximately $44.00 USD).

Added bonus: as we were leaving, a mariachi band arrived and we listened to them for a little while. Here is a video I took of them (the sound quality is not that great):


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! Yet another place for me to try when I arrive back to Grecia in November. I never knew there were so many places to pig-out in Grecia! I recognize some of my friends at that table in your video.

Diana Miskell said...

Hi! It’s surprising how many there are. Cool that you see your friends.