Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2022

Dinner Takeaway - Felipe’s KC BBQ, Grecia

Recently I saw an ad for Felipe’s KC BBQ in Grecia. It was on one of the expat Facebook pages. These are great sources for information sharing and I belong to lots of them. Click HERE to see the ad on Facebook that caught my attention (be sure to turn on the sound).

They have been open for just a couple of weeks and at the moment are offering only two menu items: pork rib and pulled pork tacos and both are accompanied with cheesy corn and baked beans.

I ordered one of each and picked them up for Sunday dinner. I got to meet Phil and his partner - super nice guys. Phil gave me a lesson in BBQ’ing and smoking meats. The pork rib had smoked for 12 hours. We don’t BBQ so this method of cooking was interesting to learn about.

They are located in Grecia just around the corner from Gasolinera Sanchez Viquez - “X” marks the spot:


All the items were very good with the pulled pork and the two sides being my favourites. Portions are large and we had leftovers the next day. I forgot to take photos of the two dishes but did take one of the next day leftovers:


So support your local businesses and go say “hi” to the guys. Prices are reasonable, portions are large and the BBQ is excellent.

Click on images to enlarge.

No comments: