Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2022

Lunch - Red Door, Grecia, Costa Rica

Yesterday (Sunday) we had lunch at the Red Door Restaurante y Cafeteria.


Their original location was on the plaza by the hospital but it permanently closed. Back then, their name was Cevichera Red Door and it was quite small.

They have now reopened at the old location of El Patio Gourmet in Grecia. Their grand opening was on January 23, 2022. The reopening received lots of positive reviews so we decided to try it out.

This location is much larger then their old one and the setting is very nice. You walk off the street into a shaded and cool open sided restaurant:


Lots of places to choose to sit:



As of this date, they do not yet have their liquor licence. Lance ordered a fruit drink smoothie and I tried the pineapple/basil herb drink (on the right) and it was delicious. I’ll try and duplicate it at home.


 Lance ordered the grilled marlin, topped with a sauce that included shrimp, scallops and two mussels. He generously gave me the mussels because I do like my shellfish. It also came with hand cut fries and steamed vegetables.

For me, I ordered the breaded shrimp with buffalo sauce, cole slaw and fries. They must have been jumbo shrimp because they were really large, but I ate all of them but couldn’t finish the fries.

Our orders - mine is in the foreground and Lance’s is in the background.


As I have said many times before, food portions here in Costa Rica are generously large and we can hardly ever finish what we have been served. Once again, we asked for take away and tonight we are dining on grilled marlin, hand cut fries and vegetables.

If you are in Grecia, highly recommend you eat here. I’ve read good things about their ceviches and I think that is what I might order on our next visit.

No comments: