Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Dr. Fauci And Nancy Pelosi Are Now In Costa Rica!

Some time ago, I discovered a company called FCTRY. A friend of mine has a Ruth Bader Ginsburg action figure doll that I thought was really nifty.

So I went to FCTRY to see what else they had created. I wanted a Nancy Pelosi doll but they didn’t have one. So I kept e-mailing them (and I’m sure many others did also) and they decided there was enough interest to begin the procedure of designing one.

It’s an interesting process. First off is a Kickstarter campaign to judge the amount of interest in manufacturing a particular figure. I had to pledge the amount of the doll ($20 US). If this step indicates a large enough enthusiasm to proceed, then a figure is sculpted by Mike Leavitt, a Seattle based artist.

Eventually, all the dolls are manufactured and sent off to their new owners. I opted for Nancy Pelosi and also a Dr. Fauci action figure doll. They are not bobbleheads but their arms move up and down. Nancy came with a removable gavel and mask and I had a choice of what colour dress I wanted her to have.

Dr. Fauci came with a removable mask. The dolls are remarkably realistic in facial features, etc. They are very well made.

So welcome Nancy Pelosi and Dr. Fauci!







Click on photos to enlarge.

2 comments:

Lynda Rice said...

I LOVE IT! Who knew? It would be worth buying two of each: one for you to display, and one to keep, unopened, in the box. No doubt the untouched ones in the boxes will become collectors items in the future!

Diana Miskell said...

Now there’s a good idea!!