Search This Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Sold!

I’m very happy to report that this painting has sold. “Colores de Costa Rica/Colours of Costa Rica”:


It is acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas. The reference image is my own. I took the photo at one of the annual Atenas, Costa Rica, oxcart parades. I decided to just feature one half of the pair of oxen and without the ox cart. The team was beautifully turned out, with girth ribbons in Costa Rican colours and the same ribbons on their horns, which were polished to a high sheen. The yoke is also painted in the traditional Costa Rican manner with colourful designs.

But the best part of the story of this sale is that it has been purchased by a Costa Rican. He and his wife live in the United States but were visiting Costa Rica recently and staying at a house in Pica Flora, a community just outside Atenas. In this house is another painting of mine, “En tanden/In Tandem”, which the owners had purchased from me, and which I created from my own photo. This is the painting:


So they saw this painting (which is quite large) in the Pica Flora house and asked the property manager for the name of the person who had painted it. She has my business card, gave it to my new client who went to my art web site and the rest is history.

Better yet, my new patron is the brother of a lovely Costa Rican lady in Atenas that we know. This painting could not have gone to a better home. I am so happy that a Costa Rican will own it ... perhaps a little reminder of his home country when he returns to the United States.

You can see my art work here on my own art web page. I am also represented by Kyo Gallery in Arlington, Virginia, and you can click here to see my work displayed there.

1 comment:

Diana Miskell said...

Thanks, Lynda. And more good news - the same buyer bought a second painting the next day!