Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2018

Annona Squamosa and a Hindu Buffet

We recently bought fruit at Super Rosvil that I did not recognize and had never tried. It was so odd looking that I simply had to buy it (just one since I didn’t know what it was). The sticker on it said “anona”. A Wiki search told me it was the fruit of the annona squamosa, a small tree or shrub that grows in the tropical Americas and the West Indies.

It is delicious. You just scoop out the flesh and spit out the largish seeds, same as eating a watermelon. I’ll be looking for more of this fruit.





When we lived in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver, British Columbia, we had access to so many different cuisines. One of our favourites was food from India, which mostly were the kind of dishes found in northern India. I was never able to find a restaurant that served food from southern India or Goa but perhaps that has changed. When I saw this ad, I immediately made reservations. It appears that the food will be prepared by the Taj Mahal restaurant and the Naans & Curries restaurant. We’re really looking forward to this brunch.



2 comments:

Casey Bahr said...

Diana,

Do you have a Twitter account? I often tweet your posts but probably no point if you aren't there.

Pura vida,

Casey

Diana Miskell said...

Hi .... yes I do ..... DianaMiskell1.

Thanks Casey!