Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

“Old Rockin’ Chair”

A lot of things have come with our new rental house in Grecia. One of them is a Costa Rican rocking chair:


It’s made of tooled leather and wood and is very comfortable (the bell came with the house too, but I’m not sure what it is used for). This rocking chair is so comfortable and I enjoy rocking in it with the mountain breezes blowing and admiring the incredible view. Here are some of the images tooled into the leather:




I don’t know where this rocker was made. It could have been in the town of Sarchi, a Costa Rican town famous for it’s elaborately painted oxcarts.

In any case, here is Louis Armstrong singing, just for you, “Old Rockin’ Chair”.

3 comments:

bobbi said...

Love these rocking chairs. A friend of ours has one in their living room in San Ramon.

Diana Miskell said...

They are really comfortable.

Unknown said...

I recently discovered your blog and have already been reading along. I believed I could leave my first comment. I don't know very well what to state except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I can keep visiting this blog very often.luxury vacation rentals