Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Orchids

I've always been intrigued with orchid plants. I had a collection when we lived outside Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. When we decided to move to Costa Rica, I gave them all away.

Orchids in Costa Rica are very inexpensive to buy, compared to Canada. Plus, they are so easy to look after. They can stay outside all year around, they don't need greenhouses or special treatment.

I do have to watch out for fungus problems, but I have a spray for that.

Here are photos of one of my favorite orchid plants.

 

 

Two flower stems from one orchid, covered in these small flowers.
My "orchid tree". Convenient to have them in one place.

This isn't my entire collection. I have others on windowsills and hanging in other places.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It’s my first time to visit this site & I’m really surprised to see such impressive stuff out there.
http://www.vacationrentalscostarica.co