Search This Blog

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Growing Your Own Fruit in Costa Rica

This title is somewhat misleading because we are not farmers, but it is still easy to enjoy your own fruit on your property.

Almost every time we eat a pineapple, I stick the cut off tops into the ground. It takes ages for the tops to produce a new pineapple, but it’s fun to do and always a surprise when we see a pineapple developing. Today I found four:

Itty bitty:
Itty bitty pineapple.








                                                                               










Bitty #1:


Bitty #2:


Biggy:



One of the banana trees is fruiting. Not ready to harvest yet but getting there:



3 comments:

Catalyst said...

Oh wow! I didn't know you could grow a pineapple like that. 'Course there's a lot I don't know, as SWMBO would tell me.

Diana Miskell said...

Who is SWMBO?

Unknown said...

Acronym: She who must be obeyed referring to wife or girl friend