Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The End of the Green (or Rainy) Season, Costa Rica

Mid-November and we will soon be moving into the dry season for the next six months. But all bets are off for October and November as far as rain goes. I really needed to do a laundry wash today but this morning was overcast so I put it off until we got back from a shopping trip to Atenas.

By then, a bit of sun was peeking out and there was some breeze. So I took a chance and washed bed linen and some other small items. I told Lance, “If you hear, smell or suspect rain - let me know.” Just before 3:00 pm, the rains came down without much warning and they were quite heavy for a short time. We ran outside and brought the laundry inside in record time. I have the small items hanging from our shower curtain rod and this is how I am trying to dry out the sheets:


That big floor fan is really useful for drying out wet floors and bed linen. Why don’t we have a dryer, you say? It didn’t come with our rental house. Most Costa Ricans don’t have one either - they are expensive to use because of electricity costs here. If we did have a dryer, I would only use it a few times a year - such as today. Moving to a foreign country teaches you a lot of new things!

4 comments:

Catalyst said...

Yes, it does.

Diana Miskell said...

I was thinking just the other day how different our life is now. We would not want to return to our previous life.

Sean Flip said...

At least things start to air dry quicker! I only brought two pair of shorts last trip and the one hanging up to dry never really got dry enough by the time I was ready to switch :) The pace is so refreshing there.

Sean
costaricasaleproperty.com

Diana Miskell said...

Yes, sometimes it takes forever to dry clothes, especially if they are cotton.