Friday, August 11, 2017
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Saturday, July 8, 2017
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Monday, June 19, 2017
- Gutters cleaned (especially important here because we do not want standing water where the dengue carrying mosquitoes can breed).
- Entire outside of house washed, including all the wood on the underside of the overhanging roof.
- Outside perimeter tiled areas and patio area scrubbed and cleaned.
- Five inside fabric Roman blinds - they were removed and taken to Orlando's home where his wife cleaned them. Believe me, that must have been hard work because they were stained with mold and water marks and she returned them sparkling white.
- All inside floors scrubbed and cleaned.
- All inside walls washed and cleaned.
- Wood ceilings washed and cleaned. Our ceilings are very high and this is where the scaffold came in. All the wood was cleaned and polished by hand.
- Leaking faucet in shower repaired.
- Water in toilet was constantly running and he fixed it.
- Orange tree pruned and all the suffocating vines on the tree canopy removed. Now the tree is open and receives sun and moisture. Orlando is returning in a month to remove any vines that have started to regrow.
- All basura (garden trash) removed. This included piles of palm leaves at the back of the property and up a hill. The best way to reach them was to machete a path through the bougainvillea from the road. For this job, Orlando brought in a fellow with a big truck and it took two loads.
- Replace three window screens.
- Replace lightbulbs - a lot of the lighting is very high up and neither of us want to climb up a ladder. I went to the hardware store for the bulbs and screening with everything written out in Spanish for me by Orlando.
- All windows cleaned inside and out.
- Four ceiling fans cleaned.
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Monday, May 22, 2017
Monday, May 1, 2017
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Sunday, April 16, 2017
Friday, April 7, 2017
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Sunday, March 26, 2017
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Sunday, March 5, 2017
The number of countries from where this blog has received visits has risen to 119, the latest including Bosnia & Herzegovina, Azerbaijan, Bolivia and, most recently on March 3, Mauritius. The number of individual places from where visits have been received is now over 3300.
Mauritius is a small island country about 1200 miles off the east coast of southern Africa and seems to have some of the trappings of Costa Rica. On the map below, it is highlighted with reference to Costa Rica by yellow circles.
The red dots identify places from where visits have occurred since September 29, 2016. The density would be significantly greater if all places both before and after that date were shown (see my October 4, 2016 blog entry).
I find it fascinating that someone in another part of the world is reading my Costa Rican blog. It's like having penpals everywhere and I'm learning about so many countries/places.