Search This Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Dumb Day

It all started out rather well - we were going into Atenas to have breakfast, use the ATM, and pick up a few groceries. Also, this weekend a fiesta is going on in Atenas to benefit the Hogar de Ancianos (old folks home). I was planning on participating in the art show in the park but dropped out because the two paintings I was going to display are simply not finished to my satisfaction and I cannot display something for sale that is incomplete and that I am not happy with.

Mario, one of our taxi drivers, picked us up and dropped us off at the Banco de Costa Rica, where I discovered I did not have my bank card. Called Mario and he drove us back home, I picked up my bank card, and we were delivered once again to BCR.

Then we went to El Balcón del Café y Bistro (Balcony Cafe and Bistro) - I couldn't find a web page but you can read terrific reviews on Trip Advisor. I ordered the Americano breakfast (because it comes with a big plate of fresh fruit and other yummies) and Lance ordered the Tico breakfast. We have had lunch here too and I remember the soup was delicious. There didn't seem to be much going on in the park at this time, so we got our groceries and taxied home ....

... where I found out I was missing my cell phone. Lance called my cell number and Mario answered! I had left my cell in his taxi. Not too long later, he drove up to our house with my cell and he did not want to accept any colones but I finally managed to pay him. After all, he was burning up gas coming to our house.

I once left my camera in his taxi, and he returned it the next day. He must think I am kind of ditzy. I was certainly ditzy today. On the taxi ride home, I saw an animal transport truck with two oxen in it and a carreta (ox cart), so I think we probably missed out on the festivities. But by the time we got home, I didn't want to go back into town and do anything else.

No comments: