Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Where Does The Time Go ....

October already - we've been here four months. The time has flown by and we love Costa Rica more than ever.

Monday was another Beach Day and just as enjoyable as the last time. We went with Diane and John, fellow Canucks who live in the Atenas area. We provided lunch - I enjoy thinking up different kinds of picnic food to prepare. It was the first Beach Day for them so they got to meet the beach group of like minded folk.

If anyone is interested in bobbing about in the warm Pacific at a safe and clean beach and enjoying the company of really nice people, you can put your name on the mailing list here: Retire For Less in Costa Rica. Paul and Gloria Yeatman will make sure you are kept informed of activities.

One thing we have learned is that Costa Rica is a country where networking is very important. It's how you find out where the best butcher is, where to get your clothes altered, the best dentist, vet, doctor, etc., etc. Oh, and restaurants (my favorite). So there I was on Monday, floating on the salty brine, and trading info with my new gal pals. It was great.

The sea on Monday was really calm so I was less than successful trying out John's boogie board. Santa: bring me my own boogie board along with a pair of boogie board swim fins (which apparently I need).

Here's some photos of Monday's beach day - I also made a couple of videos of the monkeys but I have no luck loading videos into Blogger.

The picnic area at Playa Dona Ana.

Happy Beach Day folk.


October 3, 2011

Yum! This is what Gloria and Paul were cooking up for lunch.

Beach dog and beach cat. They don't belong to anyone and always show up for  a meal, please sir. They are very polite and well mannered. If you want to adopt a wonderful pet, help yourself.

No comments: