Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day One - Zero Day Tomorrow

Or maybe today is really "zero" day - after all, we are out of our house and staying at a hotel in Vancouver, ready to get up at 0400 tomorrow and board the Amtrak Cascades.

Assuming they let our luggage board, that is. I think everything is overweight and I can't find anything, seems a mess to me.

We're staying at the Howard Johnston on Kingsway and 12th 'cause it's close to the train station. We have a fabulous view of the north shore mountains. Some snow on the peaks and I think there is still skiing on Grouse Mountain.

I'll try and post the pictures I took today once we get to Seattle tomorrow and have a bit more time.

Genny went to her vet for boarding this morning. She has known something was up for the last two days. I  believe her travel day is May 31st, Vancouver to Houston. She overnights there at a pet hotel, then onward to San Jose the next morning. Smooth flights, Genny, and we'll see you soon.

No comments: